CIA report about the 18 July 1949
Although the field was servicable there were no aircraft parked at the ADLERSHOF (N 53/Z 94) airfield. The buildings on the southern border of the field were occupied to capacity by soldiers wearing black epaulets.
Comment: The above information confirms the previously reported occupation of the ADLERSHOF airfield by an army and an air force unit. The numerical designations of these units are not known.
CIA report for the 22 July 1949
The ADLERSHOF (N 53/X 04) airfield is not occupied by a Soviet Air Force unit. It is in a poor condition; the former testing installation (wind tunnel and engine test stands) are dilapidated. German workers are now engaged in erecting a board fence around the field. Air force motor vehicles were not observed at the field or in the vicinity.
Comment: The statements on the condition of the airfield are considered credible. Information on the occupation of the field is lacking. According to previous reports, a technical unit of the Soviet Air Force is assumed to be stationed in ADLERSHOF. This report does not indicate whether this unit is still there.
CIA report about the 26 July 1949
Five DC-3s were parked at the northwestern corner of the ADLERSHOF airfield. A biplane made repeated landings at the airfield. The soldiers observed at the southern section of the airfield wore red-bordered, black epaulets, while most of the officers and Enlisted Men at the northern section wore blue service color. German civilian workers did repair work on individual airfield buildings ... motor vehicles observed at the airfield.
CIA report about the 5 August 1949
The former test station at the southern edge of the field was surrounded by a new board fence. German civilians did clearing work there. A twin-engine low-wing monoplane with single rudder assembly took off at 2:35 p.m.
Comment: Another ... confirmed the existence of the new board fence around the installations of the former German test station.
CIA report for 29 August 1949
Five Dakota type twin-engine aircraft covered with tarpaulins were parked at the ADLERSHOF (N 53/Z 94) airfield on 29 August 1949. Soviet Air Force and Army officers and Enlisted Men were observed at the field. There was no flying. The guard at the gate wore blue epaulets. ...
Comment: There seem to have been no changes in the condition of the ADLERSHOF airfield since 5 August 1949. No air unit is stationed at this field. According to available information, an unidentified air force service unit is located there. The Li-2 aircraft continuously observed at the field are probably courier or transport aircraft of the Soviet army.
CIA report for the 2 September 1949
Six twin-eninge transport aircraft, probably DC-3s, were parked at the ADLERSHOF (N 53/Z 94) airfield. Another plane of the same type landed there at 2:30 p.m. Soviet Air Force soldiers and soldiers wearing red-bordered, black epaulets were observed at the field.
CIA report for the 8 September 1949
One twin-engine DC-3 and one U-2 biplane landed at the ADLERSHOF airfield at noon. No other aircraft were parked at the field ...
CIA report for the 20 September 1949
Five covered twin-engine transport aircraft were parked at the ADLERSHOF airfield. There was no flying.
CIA report for the 27 and 28 September 1949
Three twin-engine aircraft were parked at the ADLERSHOF airfield. Description: Eight windows in fuselage, detached cockpit, nose projecting beyond engines, single rudder assembly. A single-engine high-wing monoplane, similar to the Fieseler Storch, landed at the field on 28 September 1949. According to an airfield worker, some biplanes were parked in the hangars. The airfield personnel totaled about 50 air force officers and Enlisted Men.
The buildings on the southern edge of the airfield were occupied by Soviet Army troops.
The occupation of the ADLERSHOF airfield apparently has not changed since August 1949. According to previous reports, the airfield is occupied by a technical air force unit and an army unit. The observed transport aircraft are presumably assigned to the Soviet Army.