The Blankenhain/Kottenhain airfield was located in Thüringen (Thuringia), 29 km southeast of Erfurt. Until 1945, the field was used by the Luftwaffe. In East Germany, it became a Soviet reserve airfield with a 3000 m long unpaved runway and two undirected radio beacons for the approach from the east. No information is available on concrete uses. Unlike most other Soviet airfields, Blankenhain was also listed on some confidential topographical maps of the GDR. The airfield is closed since the fall of the Berlin Wall.