Until 1945, Nohra was used as a Luftwaffe air base (Fliegerhorst). After the World War II, the airfield became a soviet helicopter base. At the time of the withdrawal in the early 1990s, helicopters Mi-2, Mi-6, Mi-8 and Mi-24 were flown in various versions. The field had a short paved runway, a hangar and a radio beacon. Today the installation is closed and largely demolished.